The iSTAR cluster was formed in 2015 and formally is a non-governmental association, a Romanian private law entity with no patrimonial, apolitical, independent, nonprofit purpose, operating according to Emergency Ordinance 26/2000 on the functioning of associations and foundations, as amended subsequent.
Cluster members are an association of business legal entities (SMEs), research organizations and research institutes, as well as members of public authorities and NGOs that generally aim to support the development of economic activities in the intelligent field of technology Information and Communications, Space and Security, as well as related sectors at national level.
The goal of the cluster is to facilitate and promote collaboration and knowledge transfer between businesses, research and education institutions and other organizations, to contribute or support innovation, to develop and manufacture advanced, personalized solutions in the “Technology Information and Communications, Space and Security “.
IOEL, as a research organization, in partnership with member companies and other public or private entities, participates in national or international research competitions to promote projects of interest.
As far as the joint research and development activities between the IOEL specialists and the member companies are concerned, they are oriented towards the development of innovative products and systems based on optics and optoelectronics, the development of new optical technologies, including micro and optical nanotechnologies, experimental assemblies for optics and optoelectronics, new measurement methods , characteristics and evaluations of optical parameters.
- National Institute for Research & Development for Mechatronics-INCDMTM
- Military Equipment and Technologies Research Agency – METRA
- Military Technical Academy – MTA
- National Institute for Research and Development in Microtechnologies – IMT
- National Institute for Laser, Plasma & Radiation Physics – INFLPR
- Horia Hulubei National Institute of Physics & Nuclear Engineering – IFIN-HH
- Politehnica University of Bucharest – UPB
- Academy of Romanian Scientists–AOS
- Institute for Biodynamics – BioDyn